Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finding Casey.

I've finally put my life into perspective
I'm a very small piece of this big earth
and realizing that humbles you and grounds you
We go through life so focused on our own problems and trials,
so worried about the clothes, the boys, and being something we're not.
Being a young woman I want to set the example that there is more to this life then that.
Lifes about building meaningful relationships that last a life time,
 not about how many friends we have on facebook.
It's about giving away more love then we'll ever receive.
It's about finding personal peace every day, despite the chaos in our lives.
It's about always forgiving and never regretting.
It's about letting go and embracing life's change in plans
And it's about finding real meaning to our lives.
I've found peace with where I am in my life.
I'm not afraid to make mistakes, or to stumble and fall
I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life.
I don’t have to prove anything to anyone,
 I only have to follow my heart, and concentrate on what I want to say to the world.
Am I the same Casey?... Absolutely not.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you knew how long I've been waiting for a blog post from Casey cook while you've been in powell..
    and of course this made my day.
    your posts hit the spot, most definitely.
    Mosiah 4:11

    ReplyDelete