Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good things don't come all that easy...

Alot happens in 5 months.
ALOT
I don't know if my busy chaotic schedule has kept me away
or
the fact that life has blissfully distracted me.
Either way I miss it.
 
I've never wanted to write for attention or the popluarity that may come with blogs and social media.
My hope that if all else my expression in some way can touch someone.
That someone out there is going through the same trial or hardship,
and needs that one person who can relate to.
Because we all get lost..
we all feel alone..
and we all lose our direction.
 
The lesson today is about men.
 
As independant and stubburn as us women want to act..
and as much as I hate to admit it..
we need them.

But here is the trick...
Finding a good one.

It's not as easy as it looks, and I think there is a reason for that. We take for granted that, that is easily given to us. We forget what we have too often, and ignore all that we are blessed with. I read this quote once and I was reminded in an unfriendly way how true it is.

"Know the difference between:
a man that flatters you
and a man that compliments you.

A man that spends money on you
and a man that invests in you.

A man that views you as property
and a man that views you properly.

A man that lusts after you
and a man that loves you.

A man that believes he is God’s gift to women
and a man that remembers a woman was God’s gift to man.

And then hold tight to that kind of man"

Some times I forget this.. hell I think we all do.

I'm the queen of mistakes and imperfection,
and I apologize to those around me that have to deal with me on a daily basis, to those that I've hurt and to those that I've let down.
I'm not easy to love.
But I'm learning from those mistakes....

Ladies.. don't settle.
wait for the one that pursues you.
the one who will make an ordinary moment magical.
the kind of person who bring out the best in you and makes you want to be a better person.
wait for the person who will be your best friend.
the only person who will drop everything to be with you at anytime no matter the circumstances.

and hold tight to him.




 

1 comment: