Monday, August 1, 2011

The Art of Chaos

Chaos.
I've got it down to a science. 
My life has a reputation of getting a little crazy and out of hand.
My life is busy and confusing.
And at times I can't keep up with myself. 
But even though chaos in the world brings uneasiness, 
it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth.
And it seems that in the mist of my most chaotic days,
I find the most clarity
Things make more sense.
My priorities are put back into the correct order.
And I have a little more gratitude in my heart. 
It's these days when I find my strength 
I took a little walk in the rain today to clear my head.
and I found something truly amazing. 
Two horses running in the field across from my house.
Exquisite right. 
It made me realize that..
 Life is beautiful even it's darkest moments,
You just have to find it's beauty.
It did my heart good to see one of God's amazing creations.
And it made me think of this quote by George Cannon,
“No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, 
God will never desert us. He never has, and He never will.”
 
The horses were His way of telling me that he hasn't left me, 
and that He is here for me always.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about 
themselves--strong, powerful, beautiful--and it has the capability of 
giving us escape from our mundane existence.

6 comments:

  1. I just sat down to do an east shore packet and am overwhelmed, cause this is all new to me and stressful, so I logged onto blogger to open your blog playlist as I do my packet to help me focus; and I can't tell you how incredible it was to find you had just posted something; thank you for helping me find clarity. sometimes it freaks me out how alike our situations are, and how often the words in your posts fill the holes in my heart. once again, you have amazed me. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, this is blowing my mind. you posted ONE minute ago. the EXACT minute that I got on..

    wow haha.
    there IS a God in Heaven who loves us. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh tiff! that's soo crazy! stuff like that happens to me all of the time! you find what you need in the most random times and places. But I hope I can help someone out there, you help me all the time! Thanks for your love and support you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just like to say that my best friend is seriously one hell of a writer. this literally made me teary eyed. it sounds pathetic but it's seriously true. you just took everything i have been thinking of lately and put it all out into the words i was trying to find. i agree with every word and sentence in this post and i freaking love you and am so glad you and i are able to work through some of the same things 'cause there's no way i'm doing it alone so can we help each other out through our chaotic lives? xoxox oh, and ps: tiff could not be more right. HALLE-FREAKIN-LUJIAH TO GOD'S LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i might be in love with both of you. you guys are incredible. I think someone knew that I needed both of you to come into my life right now. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besh! I love you! Thank you for that comment! I have the most amazing best friend in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! I agree with you, we need each other right now more then ever, so know I'm always here for you, and I know you'll always be there for me. Thank you! I love you to death babe.

    And tiff. You are amazing. And I'm so glad you came into OUR lives. We've needed your support!!

    xoxo love you girls

    ReplyDelete