Monday, March 5, 2012

A Life To Remember..

Grandma Cookie

A Daughter, Sister, Mother, Grandmother, and Friend.
A woman of love and laughter.
Strength and Courage.
Faith and Virtue.

I spent a good portion of my childhood in her loving arms. I remember begging mom and dad to let me sleep over, just so I could stay up late and watch old movies, and "I love Lucy" with her. Then waking up the next morning to cereal with lots of coolwhip and "The Price is Right". 
 She's a woman I look up to for many reasons..
For the way she raised my dad, and for playing an important role in making him the man he is today.
For the love she shared so willingly.. especially through cooking.
And for being a woman who was not only beautiful.. but strong and independent. A woman who didn't rely on a man to take care of her.

I sat outside tonight to clear my mind, and in hopes that I'd somehow makes sense of everything in this crazy world. The sky was big and vast, and full of wonder. And it occurred to me that perhaps they aren't stars in the sky but rather openings where loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.


Even though you have left this earth, you are still apart of this family. A family that..
Learns & Laughs
Prays & Protects
Apologizes & Appreciates
Dreams & Discovers
Fights & Forgives
Teases & Trusts
Gives & Grows
Believes & Belongs
                           Loves & Lasts......Forever

You are with us every step of the way.
 As you stand at Heavens gates, I hope you feel the love and gratitude from those of us left behind. I hope we showed you the love and respect that you always showed us. I pray that you will be my guardian angel throughout my life. I still need that blunt opinion on boys. I need that humor and joy and you brought to everyone around you. And I need that brave woman to help me be strong in the face of my trials.

Thank you for the legacy you have left behind.
We love you and miss you.




Rascal Flatts - My Wish by lavonna_ecu

No comments:

Post a Comment