Thursday, December 1, 2011

Enough to Kill Me

I don't want a Cinderella story...
I don't even want a Twilight story...
All I want is....
My own story
My own.. Happy Ending.

'Tis the Season to be in love.
Kill me.
Every where I go, without fail, there are cute affectionate, adorable, cheesy couples.
And it seems like every time the holidays roll around it gets worse.
And after posting a FB status about this and getting 55 likes, it seems like I'm not the only one that notices this.

According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with 4 arms, 4 legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves.

Well screw you Zeus.
Cause now I get a front row seat to watch every other mushy love story.
Ugh.
Couples in love have a penchant for display of affection. Their actions can draw stares, gaping mouths, and in some cases, intervention. Yet you have to admit that these cute couples, who are oblivious in love, teach the world a thing or two about nurturing relationships.

If you're like me and currently unattached, you know seeing their PDA makes you jealous and the thought crossed your mind..
 "I want a relationship like that"

Again thank you Zeus,
for testing my patience,
& making me continue my search.


"Aim high, but do not aim so high that you totally miss the target. What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy.”

2 comments:

  1. this is exactly how i feel right now. being single in the winter season sucks. i have met you like twice while i was dating tyson. but i must say. i do have a boy that i think you would enjoy spending time with(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? well I'm always down to meet new people!!

    ReplyDelete