Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm Not What I've Done. I'm What I've Overcome.

I have made many choices in my life.
Some had wonderful results;
Others, not so much.
I grew up in a country where I was given the freedom to make choices.
& God has given me the free will to choose for myself.
And every choice I've made 
whether good or bad;
Has taught me.
I've learned my strengths and my weaknesses.
I've learned that no matter what life throws my way,
I can handle it.
No fear.
I know I'll stumble.

I know I'll still face defeat.
But I can overcome anything.
Very few people know of the trials I've faced.
Even fewer can appreciate the hurt it took to face those trials.
 It's hard not to judge a book by it's cover
But I'm living proof as to why you shouldn't.
You may think you know me;
Funny thing is you don't even know the start.



The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These people have found an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

What I've Overcome by Fireflight

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this.
    you are incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. And I love the title, now I have to listen to that song haha.
    x

    ReplyDelete