Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peeking At My Past


I was feeling a little sentimental today, so I pulled out my memory box [every girl has one]
Suddenly I was filled with memories that had temporarily left my mind.

My first Applebeer with Rhett
Countless Birthday cards from when I was little
2 years of letters from Jaxon
My Honor Society medal
Photobooth pictures
My Graduation cap/certificate
Old journals
Pictures and memories with Brock
My summer with Jordan.
&
Numerous Letters

You know, despite all the heartache and drama, I've lived a good life. It has been full of mistakes and learning, love and loss, but it has been oh so good.
& there isn't a moment or memory I'd give away.
Looking back I've learned that..
Time heals all wounds.
That the little things are actually the big things.
That family never fails.
That life throws us curve balls.
That picking the right friends is the most important decision you'll make in your adolescence.
& that the memories we make here on this earth are the only things we get to take with us.

My life has been full of love.
Maybe not the romantic kind.
But the kind that supports you through all of life's struggles.
The kind that answers the phone at 2 am when you just need to talk.
The kind that is my shoulder to cry on every single time my heart breaks.
The kind that lasts a lifetime.
My life is crazy & sometimes too much to handle
BUT
What a wonderful life it is.
I'm not happy because everything is perfect nor because everything went my way. But I'm happy because things have sucked and been hard but I'm 
 doing just fine.
I may not have ended up where I wanted, but I think I'm where I'm meant to be.

I want to thank the people of my past. You have shaped me into the person I am today. You taught me about life and showed me how to love.

And to the people of my future...
Hold on!
It's gonna be a ride.
& every moment will be beautiful.
The memories are just waiting to happen.

1 comment:

  1. I may not have ended up where I wanted, but I think I'm where I'm meant to be.

    AMEN to that line especially.
    I needed that today.
    I'm using it. thank you casey. miss you.

    ReplyDelete