Monday, November 7, 2011

In The Hands of The Lord

Life is funny, isn’t it?
Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out,
or just when you finally begin to plan something,
get excited about it and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in,
 the paths change,
 the signs change,
the winds blow the other way.
 North is suddenly south,
east is west
 & you’re lost.
 It’s so easy to lose your way, to lose direction.
It's so easy to feel like things are so entirely screwed up.
That nothing in life is going the way you need it to

I saw this video the other day, of this amazing woman who has turned her trial into something beautiful, just like her.
Watch and let it change your life, just like it did mine


I found myself in the spot of self pitty and doubt.
Down-hearted on the things in my life that weren't going right.
Little things, that ultimately won't matter.
After watching this I was mad at myself.
Mad that I take so much for granted.
I've been blessed with the most amazing and supportive family.
I have adorable nieces and nephews who look up to me.
Friends who make me laugh and have given me memories to last a lifetime.
A healthy body that functions.
A home that I can come to everyday for refuge.
And a Gospel that saves my life everyday from the trials of this world.
I'm the luckiest girl alive.

“It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”
Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment: