Monday, November 21, 2011

A Better Version Of Me

When someone asks... What do you look for in a guy?
More often then not you can except a response like..

Tall
Handsome
Successful
Funny
Outgoing
Athletic

But lets be honest girls. We all want the "perfect" man. I found a list I made in High School of traits my future husband would have. It really made me laugh. We are so incredibly picky, that we forget that everyone has flaws. Provo girls have this mind set that the grass is always greener, that there is someone out there that is better then the one we're with. So what do we do?
 We have options.
We keep a few boys around just because we are too comfortable playing the field.
So why is it that girls are incapable of seeing what they have when they have it?
Because we have too many dang options!
[This also completely applies to guys]
We're always on the prowl for something better.
I see it ALL the time. A demanding mediocer girl with a great guy, who gets taken advantage of.
& the girls who are guilty of this usually don't even deserve a guy of that caliber.

Here's what it comes down to.

It's not about finding the right person, It's about becoming the right person.

You can meet hundreds of people, go on a dozens  first dates, and spend all your time searching for
 Mr Right.
But what makes you think he's going to want to be with you if you aren't making yourself a better person.

I've decided I'm going to stop looking. I'm not going to search around trying to find a great guy to be with. Cause he'll come. On his own time. I hate it, but this is one of those things that is out of my control. I'm leaving it up to fate. But until then I'm gonna be working on me.
Because my future boyfriend and husband deserves me to be the best version of myself.
They deserve me to be...

Confident
Loving
Respectful
Supportive
Spontaneous
Honest
Organized
Loyal
Someone who would make a great wife
& and even better mother.
He deserves the best.

The world has enough woman who are tough;
We need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are course;
We need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude;
We need women who are refined.
There are enough women of fame and fortune;
We need more women of faith.
We have enough greed;
We need more goodness.
We have enough vanity;
We need more virtue.
We have enough popularity;
We need more purity.

Ucsam / ✔             ѕңαмαη



1 comment:

  1. <3 it makes my day 10000000 times better when there's a new blog post by Casey (:(:

    ReplyDelete