Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Refuse To Sink

I'm learning not to sweat the small stuff
 This year has been about finding strength within myself- 
not looking to others for it.

It hasn't always been this way.
I've been that girl that depended on a man,
that couldn't let go and that couldn't see when she was being taken advantage of.
I'd fall in love when I was lonely, not when I was ready.
I can admit....
I was an emotional and mental mess.
I call it my 3-D phase.
when I was delusional, in denial, and damaged.
I think every girl goes through that phase.
[at least i hope so, so i'm not alone on this.]

 I don’t know why we all hang on to something we know we’re better off letting go. Its like we’re scared to lose what we really don’t have. Some of us say we’d rather have that something than nothing, but the truth is to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all


Here's the reality of the situation:
She will chase you around for awhile; but there’s going to be a day when she’s going to stop running in circles around you. She’s going to get over you & at that very moment, you’re going to wish you had let her catch you.

Momma's always told me...
The smartest thing a woman can do, is to learn that her happiness does not depend on a man.

Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia

No comments:

Post a Comment