Saturday, February 18, 2012

Catch Me Darling.

It’s really scary when you get attached to someone. You spend time with them, you get to know them. You find yourself knowing their favorite color, food, movie, song. You discover their flaws and their talents. And as time goes on, you learn more and more, absorbing every second of detail without even realizing it. Then one day, you wake up and realize how much this person actually means to you, and you love them for every strength and weakness. They make you feel warm and secure, but most of all, they bring you happiness. And to bring happiness to someone in such a way is a strong and powerful thing. It could break a person completely. Some say those who fall in love are young and dumb. I say they show an incredible amount of bravery. It takes courage to trust somebody with your entire heart.
 I lack that courage and strength.
 I need a guy who will hold his ground and tell me to stop running from everything I’m afraid of. Who’s not afraid to scream at me until I realize that it’s okay. That it’s okay to love, to be committed in a relationship, to have feelings for somebody, to fall in love, to have the wedding that I’ve always dreamed of, and most importantly, to wish and hope that someday, the fairytale that I’ve always imagined for myself will come true. Even if there’s not always a white horse and a prince waiting at the end.

2 comments:

  1. ahh. so glad that you posted the one with ruthie's song, cause it led me back to re-read this...and i love it. thanks for your words casey, they're wonderful and so relateable.

    ReplyDelete