Saturday, August 25, 2012

And So It Goes...


Honestly.
I don't know how it happened.
I'm still trying to make sense of it all.

It's been nearly 5 years since I met my best friend.
5 years of ups and downs.
drama and excitement.
adventures and memories.
all gone and meaningless in a blink of the eye.

and why?
because you are doing your own thing?
because suddenly I'm not one you want to spend time with?
because you can't take two minutes to call?
because suddenly it's not enough to be with your best friend?
why?

Why does our friendship suddenly mean nothing?

although, i shouldn't be surprised.
i've been dragging this friendship for quite awhile now.
 i've been the one putting in the effort.
the one trying to keep things together.

well....
i'm done.

i will no longer fight for those who don't fight for me.
why would i?
you sure didn't.

this isn't the first time and that's why i still have a glimmer of hope that someday in the near future we can get back to what we were. but for now, my heart hurts to think that the best of friends have become two strangers.

but lucky for me.. God blesses me daily, and
my heart excites that two strangers have become the best of friends.


1 comment:

  1. oh boy. these feelings are all too real to me. but the best we can do is surround ourselves with the people who DO care and keep reminding ourselves that people come and people go...and there's always a reason for it.

    ReplyDelete